An orthodontist is a dental expert who works in the field of orthodontics. This is a branch of dental science that deals with dentofacial conditions that include remedying dental formulas, even conducing minor jaw surgery. As such, an orthodontist plays a great role in restoring the smiles of many people, and boosting their self esteem.
How do orthodontists rectify the dental formula and arrangement?
Although there are various options that are at the disposal of the orthodontist, braces remain the popular alternative. Braces are highly effective especially if used correctly. Metal braces, ceramic braces, invisible braces, invisalign braces, all these are popular types of braces.
However, in this article, we’ll discuss a common type of braces called lingual braces, or incognito braces.
What are lingual braces?
Lingual braces are made using clear materials, and are inserted on the inner side of the teeth. They are ideal for people who don’t want much attention focused on them; they are hard to notice
Roles of the lingual orthodontic braces orthodontist;
- Often, the private orthodontist will first start by examining your teeth, so as to get a clear idea of what needs to be done.
- Secondly, the lingual braces have to be prepared in a dental laboratory, and customized to your exact size and dental formula. The orthodontist will use a computer to help design braces that will perfectly fit.
- Once the lingual braces orthodontist has processed the braces, a process that takes up to 6 weeks, they will then insert them gently at the back of your teeth. This is usually a delicate process and the orthodontist must be highly qualified in order to do the job right.
- Once the braces have been inserted, the patient will still need regular checkups and visits to the orthodontist. This is to ensure that the teeth are growing as desired, and that there are no complications cropping up.
- In times of emergencies, for instance with bleeding or swollen gums, the lingual braces orthodontist will be on standby to help loosen the bands and wires, or do what it takes to remedy the situation.
- The orthodontist will also offer professional advice and tips on how to take care of the braces; from how to correctly brush the braces, to foods that are to be avoided.
Lingual orthodontic braces orthodontists indeed have a vital role in ensuring that the patient gets the lingual braces inserted correctly, and constantly checked to ensure the braces are doing their intended job. See more on The Ken Clinic